Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 LR3 SE - had incorrectly wired internal Mic from the factory

Dealership pulled a ton of modules over two days before they figured out that the two wires were swapped over in the plug at the back of the mic!

Symptoms were no outgoing audio on cellphone calls via Bluetooth - and no voice control.

Other than that - the first 3 days have been great! :lol:

Reigan

Reaction score
I have water leak on my LR3 05, dont know if its coming from windshield or cabin roof, any suggestion would be appreciate. I've read a forum about this problem before and if someone know what to do please share your knowledge. thanks

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have water leak on my LR3 05, dont know if its coming from windshield or cabin roof, any suggestion would be appreciate. I've read a forum about this problem before and if someone know what to do please share your knowledge. thanks

It's most likely your sunroof drain tubes, which are slightly pinched where they are routed down the inside of the A-pillars, and then they clog up with goop over time. There is a service action TSB on this, and your dealer will fix it if you are under warranty. If not under warranty, you can fix it yourself or have an independent shop do it. You can download the repair procedure from Land Rover's Global Technical Resource (GTR) website, but you need to pay for access to the site (can pay by the day if you wish).

You can find the Global Technical Reference (GTR) website by using the following link:
www.landrovertechinfo.com

Augustine Green

Reaction score
Love the LR3 but have had my share of problems

My LR3 is three (3) years old with 53,000 on it. I have had the tires replaced at least four (4) times. I took it for the 50,000 mile check up and the day after I received a light came on saying that I was driving the car in the wrong height. Land Rover of Tinley Park told me that I had to pay $1,247.00 to get the car repaired something about the air compressor (BEATS ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT) but I politiely picked up my car and has been driving it every since. Keep I had NEVER seen this light prior to taking the car in for the 50,0000 mile maintenance.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the tires? they replace two (2) sets and I had to pay for two (2) sets. ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!!!

Auggie Greene

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
duplicate post

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you discovered, the stock Goodyear Wrangler HP's are total crap, and an embarrassment to Land Rover fans.

I am going to assume you do not off road your truck (too bad!), and are looking for a street tire suitable to the vehicle. There are dozens of threads on this forum and others on this popular topic. I personally recommend the Michelin Synchrones for a street oriented tire. More info here: http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=46

mi_4x4_synchrone_ci2_l.jpg

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are not going to go off road get the avons if you have the 18" rims a awsome tire and the cheapest you will find.

MountainLR3

Reaction score
I just realized I was adding nothing to this thread, doing something almost as bad as the people I was ranting about.

My apologies. Soccer Moms driving LR3's need somewhere to post too.

See Quote below for my rant.

Last edited:

jbrockiii

Reaction score
This thread is utterly dissapointing. It is full of opinions and rubbish. I have never owned a land rover or an LR3 for that matter, but I have owned 27 vehicles in my lifetime. Being 35, and an Engineer, I look at things positive and open minded. I was hoping to find facts and technical information, but I guess I will keep looking.

some of these posting owners are :stupid: and should have their LR3's reposessed for pure lack of common sense.

"I am complaining because my tire pressure monitor light did not tell me to check my tire pressure".....UUUUGGGGHH :mad: -Must be the Same guy that calls PC tech support and complains because his computer got a VIRUS. It is called preventative maintenance chap!
:argh:

Not everyone is an engineer. Some of us are other professionals- maybe it's you who shouldn't own a land rover. You just sound like a bitter person. Get a life!:bootyshak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM