question about central lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have something wrong with central lock on the driver-side rear door

I can use fob or main control panel to lock it, BUT CAN NOT unlock

I actually took the door panel off to check what is inside, but found nothing broken there, then I applied some lubricant, hoping to resolve it

Unfortunately, it only made it slightly better as I can see the lock lever is trying to move when unlocking, but looking like the force is not enough to move to full unlock position. Sometime when I pressed the fob several times, it would move eventually to full position and unlock successfully.

I put my ear to the door latch part, where inside is the locking mechanic component, I can hear the clicks when locking and unlocking.

Totally have no idea what is wrong, Thanks for any input here

PS. The car detects any door not closed, it won't execute any locking movement, therefore I can not test/check with the door panel off

Thanks again

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had something like this with my 2011 LR4. It was a bad lock actuator. I think the fix was around $500-600 at my independent shop.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had something like this with my 2011 LR4. It was a bad lock actuator. I think the fix was around $500-600 at my independent shop.

thanks for your sharing

one more question, does it require any programming to replace the actuator?

Thanks

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one more question, does it require any programming to replace the actuator?

Good question but I am not sure. My sense is that my repair did not require any programming. It was a simple mechanical part replacement, not anything affecting an ECU or fob receiver.

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to go to the Land Rover Merriman website to see the part and price. They might even be able to help you with your programing question. If you have the door panel removed you should be able to remove and replace the actuator.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72