question on current LR4 lights option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes

I had same question, traded in a 2010 HSE LUX for a 2012 HSE LUX (sight unseen, the 2010 had electrical issues and the dealer did the trade up over the phone). But yes, the HSE LUX has the xenons.

NOTE ! Not adaptive xenons -- which I didn't realize until I got the truck home -- adaptive comes w/ vision assist which is separate.

zgaspen

Reaction score
NOTE ! Not adaptive xenons -- which I didn't realize until I got the truck home -- adaptive comes w/ vision assist which is separate.

Are you certain about this? Standard Equipment for the LUX on the LR US site says "adaptive front lighting system." Also, looking at the LUX on Friday the LUX lamps have the rotating "eyeball" headlamps that the standard HSE does not. I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow and will also confirm when I drive. The detail is listed under exterior features on the build your own page.

Last edited:

Sgrodz

Reaction score
I just picked up a Lux model a few days ago....love it. As far as the lights, the adaptive front headlights only come on either the Special Edition model or the upgraded vision package.

zgaspen

Reaction score
Interesting. Very possible the 2 Lux my dealer has include the vision pack. They're both in the 60k range. The third Lux was the Ltd. Will find out tomorrow....anxious to test drive again and maybe take one for the day/night. I drive so much at night in winding canyons and bad weather in the winter, I count on the best lights I can get....Adaptive "seems" worth it on mountain roads, but I'm sure the standard HID and brights are great too...

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% certain. For 2012, USA, HSE LUX doesn't have adaptive standard. Sorry, bummer.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the xeon lights noticeably better than the halogen head lamps (non high beam)?? I have a 2010 now with halogen...and they are dim to say the least. I can drive with my high beams on most of the time in traffic and not even get anyone flashing me back because they are so weak.

zgaspen

Reaction score
and to further the questions, is anyone noticeably missing/regretting not getting the Adaptive HID's? After my test today, yes, Nash and others are definitely correct, adaptive is available only with the LTD and advanced lighting package that includes the surround cameras. I can't answer cyrpres's question, but I assume the HID are much brighter. I drove the HID in 2010 at night and was very impressed (owning an MDX sport at the time with adaptive lights).

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the xeon lights noticeably better than the halogen head lamps (non high beam)?? I have a 2010 now with halogen...and they are dim to say the least. I can drive with my high beams on most of the time in traffic and not even get anyone flashing me back because they are so weak.

yes the xenons are MUCH brighter than the standard halogens. The high beams are extremely bright. I am not sure if they are different in the Lux/vision package.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and to further the questions, is anyone noticeably missing/regretting not getting the Adaptive HID's? After my test today, yes, Nash and others are definitely correct, adaptive is available only with the LTD and advanced lighting package that includes the surround cameras. I can't answer cyrpres's question, but I assume the HID are much brighter. I drove the HID in 2010 at night and was very impressed (owning an MDX sport at the time with adaptive lights).

if you are driving in canyons and in bad weather you should get the visioin package. I moved from a 2010 HSE to a 2011 Lux with VA and there is a huge difference. The adaptive headlight and the auto high beam features are great...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99