question on current LR4 lights option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fm540i

Reaction score
I have a LUX with HID. They are plenty bright. My wife was following me in it one night and I had to look away from the mirror even with auto dimming. I'm not sure the adaptive would be that much better in most situations. The LUX HIDs are great.

zgaspen

Reaction score
I've done a bit more reading, plus spinning around a bit tonight in the dark in my BMW. The adaptives on my BMW (a 2011) are really nice and definitely hug the road. And, yeah, I drive a lot in the dark on winding roads that a barely lit and exposed to every type of animal imaginable from Fox to Moose. I am definitely getting these as an addition to the Lux pack. I doubt I'll ever use the added cameras, but I certainly will use the auto brights. In the grand scheme of things at $60k, another $1,200 really isn't much, especially if it even improves safety by only 1% (and where I drive anyway, I'm sure it's more - even the curving road to my home and long driveway are pitch dark).

Interesting to read a bit about the tech - other than a youtube on the Evoque (and what little is in the manual), I couldn't really find anything actually put out by LR.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/adaptive-headlight.htm
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/d3-d4-rrs/157092-adaptive-headlights.html

Fm540i

Reaction score
The adaptive HIDs for the 2010-2012 models are not that expensive. I wonder if you can retrofit them on the current LUX models with HID? Any thoughts.

zgaspen

Reaction score
Well, after owning a 2012 Lux for just over 48 hours, I can honestly say I can't imagine the adaptive headlights could make the HID's any better. Driving through pitch-dark neighborhoods and winding mountain pass roads, the standard and bight HID's and fogs are amazingly bright and stick to road. Far, far better than my 2011 X5 with adaptives. I personally see no need to retrofit. That said, I do wish I had the auto brights (and ventilated seats, but that's for another thread).

libby12

Reaction score
I have the HSE Lux with the adaptive xenons

Here is our new 2012 with the adaptive xenons
This is 1 the 135 made Land Rover LR4 HSE Luxury Limited Edition

Attachments

• lux.jpg
    lux.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 35
  • lux2.JPG
    lux2.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is our new 2012 with the adaptive xenons
This is 1 the 135 made Land Rover LR4 HSE Luxury Limited Edition
Congratulations. Looks great!

With that said, I still would like to see an Expedition version instead of just "luxury".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo