Radio Always On??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, i had a quick question about my 06 LR3 SE i purchased about two weeks ago. I have the regular Harmon Kardon stereo and i have just noticed this. I couldnt find anything in the manual about it but whenever i walk near my car ( no matter how long it has been off and locked) my phone connects to it. Also if i unlock my car and just push the on/off button of my stereo, it comes on! no key in the ignition; no nothing. Is this normal? Im worried i dont want it to destroy my battery. I killed my battery yesterday and had to jump it. I was cleaning it out from the beach and was listening to the radio with the key in the ignition and after about 15 mins it just went off, flashed an HDC Fault at me and wouldnt start. I jump started it, had a parking break fault and after about ten mins i shut it off and restarted it and it seemed that everything was good to go. Im not to worried about it but just wondering if it is normal. Thanks everyone.

Steve

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal - Radio come on when the volume button is pushed. The radio wakes up into standby when the car is unlocked. This is how the bluetooth connects before you get in the car. In either case when the car is off, the radio will shut off after 30 minutes. the Radio will also shutdown anytime the battery is low (engine running or not).

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a similar battery issue with my 08 LR3. My battery "died" while cleaning the truck with the radio on. Took it to the LR dealer since I thought that it was a battery waranty issue. To my surprise, they charged the battery and did a software update. Believe it or not, it took care of the problem. I am trying hard to "****" the battery before the warranty expires and so far that sucker won't die, so I guess they were not pulling my leg with the software update.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo