Radio quit working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottglynn

Reaction score
Just went to lunch and on the way there everything was fine. Got back in my LR3 (2005) and the radio wouldn't work. as I shut off the engine I saw a low battery warning. Can someone explain what this is?

scottglynn

Reaction score
Besides the obvious "your battery is low" comments. Is there a seperate battery unit for the radio or is it the actual vehicle battery? It turns over just fine

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Scott....get yourself a new battery!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the car's battery on its last leg supplying too low a voltage to the electronics at startup. Although the engine may still crank and start fine, warning signs that your battery is about to bite the dust include: Radio that won't play or will only play at low volume, strange single wipes from the windshield wipers, HDC faults and other unrelated trouble messages that quickly clear after your engine runs for a few of seconds, navigation system failing to initialize, etc. Get the alternator checked as well while you're at it.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the battery icon on the radio? The 'as you shut off the engine' part has me thinking so. The radio in my '05 has stopped working 1/2 dozen or so times over the years. It always has reset itself in time (less than a day). If you mean the actual battery is low, yeah...get a new battery.

fan1950

Reaction score
lr3 2005

I lose my radio and nav sound at times ..checked amp under passenger's seat checked fuses checked mod plug in ...works for a week than go's out..comes back on ...no sound thru radio and nav voice...amp cost 1000 dollars

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to me today, along with the transmission light coming on. The cd worked, the audio for the phone worked, but the audio for am and fm didn't work. The gremlin went away on its own - working radio again and the tranny light is gone. BTW, I replaced the battery 10 months ago. I would also love to know the cause, but am satisfied with just knowing the landies are finicky girls.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd