Range Rover Sport 2007 HSE - Radio problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vishal

Reaction score
I just imported a Range Rover Sports HSE 2007 model from USA to UAE. Apparently i took it to the range rover company for a complete service and the checkup to ensure the car is in good health.

the main problem i am facing is that i am not able to use all the FM frequency channels of UAE as the EVEN frequency's like 101.2, 101.4, 101.6, 101.8 are not working in the US cars.

i was showed a way by the service manager to change this manually by switching off the radio then switching it on immediately. then to press the right *** for 45 seconds until i get the security and the VIN number dispaced on the screen. after that i have to turn the right *** where i shall see USA displayed and i have to press 5 button until i can change to Australian (AUS) setting. then i have to switch off the radio and switch it back on. now i can use all the FM radio channels int he car, but ONLY UNTIL THE CAR IS KEPT ON.

once the car is switched off this setting that is meant to be saved does not save permenantly. i have asked the service guy and they are not willing to give me the way straight forward way even though the car has a 5 year international warranty on it.

is there anyone out there who can help me save this setting permenantly so i dont have to repeat this again and again i switch on the car. thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken this may have to be set within the ECU or BECM.

vishal

Reaction score
thanks. how do i set between ECU or BECM?i dont even know these technical terms. please help. thanks.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me thinks the dealer would have to code that into the ECU (electronic control unit aka "the cars brain") for you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635