Real-Time Tank Range and Mileage Estimator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigben

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I recently traded in my 2006 Range Rover HSE toward a 2012 LR4 LUX. So far, I really love the vehicle.

I've dug through the owner's manual and the vehicle information screen menus. Is there no real-time tank range and mileage for the LR4? This was part of the trip meter menus on my Range Rover. It would be a shame to lose this feature on a newer vehicle, particularly given that even low-end vehicles offer it.

Thanks!

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, you still get an instant reading...but if the average reading is any guide, its wrong (at least in my truck). I just came back from a 1,200 mile road trip (San Diego - Vegas - Lake Tahoe - San Diego) and the average mpg was always @2mpg higher than my manual calculations. In fact the mpg calc/actual and range were the only gripes. The car validated its purchase over and over....fantastic vehicle, especially through the Sierras....very happy (although I still pine over a diesel...)

bigben

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Not sure how I overlooked that. I'll play around with resetting the measures and compare with my calculated values.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM