Rear air bag conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shaunyb007

Reaction score
If i remove my air bags and convert to spring what will the ride hieght be. Also i here you have to remove plug from the back of raise switch???. What affect will it have when towing ie will it look sad with weight on the springs.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
This depends on the springs you install... standard with = standard hight. 2" lift springs will of course equal almost 2" taller than standard. If you install Heavy Duty springs they will not sag with load, but will ride a little rough without a load...

strutmastr

Reaction score
If i remove my air bags and convert to spring what will the ride hieght be. Also i here you have to remove plug from the back of raise switch???. What affect will it have when towing ie will it look sad with weight on the springs.
At Strutmasters.com our conversion kits are designed to give you a dependable, smooth ride, at factory recommended ride height. Many customers say the kits actually improve the handling and cornering on their vehicles. Depending on the year model you can get a 2" lift kit. You can tow anything that the original suspension could tow with the kit.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you replacing the SLS?
Yes, you will need to have a mechanic shut the system down with a high end scanner.
Are you still running the factorys coils and shocks in the rear, if you are you will need to plan this conversion out well or your truck will ride butte high.
Plan on replacing the coils and shocks as a kit and buy the mounting hardware separately, that way you will have a well balanced lift.
By the way, I recently did it and I hope you are ready for a real different ride, it will be much firmer then you are used to.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM