Rear Brake Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Does anyone have the procedure to change the rear brakes in regard to the E-parking brake. What do I have to look out for in regard to this. Thanks

E

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably would want to search for "bodsy brake bible 1.6a" This is a definitive guide.

er1c

Reaction score
e24kgold, private message me your email address and I'll send you the "parking brake shoe and lining adjustment.pdf" file from Land Rover.

The part number for the rear parking brake shoes is: LR031947 (you need 1 set per rear wheel).

I just did my rear brake pads this afternoon, and while inspecting my parking brake shoes, noticed they need replacing, too. So, I just ordered the parts and that will be my next project. Let me know if you need me to take any pictures of the process or if you have any additional questions.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Link to Bodsy's Brake Bible

You probably would want to search for "Bodsy's Brake Bible 1.6a" This is a definitive guide.

Link on disco3 to Bodsy’s Brake Bible

http://www.**************/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=4184

Replace the ***** with disco3 co uk and insert periods inbetween where the single spaces are.

As per the quote, download the latest version; v1.6a as of when I typed this.

Bodsy keeps updating it as he tunes the pdf up.

The best part is probably towards the end re the electronic parking brake.

It is black art stuff, (well leading edge), also the set and unset procedure applies when doing just a normal rear pad change.

Ignore the set unset procedure and a few miles down the road, the squealing starts.

The fronts are more normal, but the rears, not!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112