Rear Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is pretty unlikely but i was wondering if their is any way to put a rear locker on non HD package LR3s. Is it possible just to replace the non locking differential with a locking one. Just wondering.

Noah

KyRover

Reaction score
I think that it's if, and that's a big if, the rear locker can be added it will be very expensive. From what I have read, along with the locking differential, a different harness may be needed and a software change. The locking function is varied depending on conditions and controlled by the computer so its a lot different than just install a new diff. and then hitting your favorite trail.

The LR3 is a very capable off-roader without the rear locker so I don't there is that big of a difference by having the locking rear. If somebody on here has experience with the regular and HD version I'd love to hear their impressions.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search on this forum. From the sound of it, it would actually be cheaper to sell yours and get an LR3 with the HD option. That said, I haven't seen any talk about an air locker....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo