Rear Seat Climate - No Blower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's up guys. Been a while since I've stopped by to say hello. I departed with my LR3 a few years back, but it my sister is now back in the LR family. Hence why I'm here.

It appears her rear blower that outputs heat/ac for the rear seats no longer works. I've made sure the button is on, checked the fuses... nothing. Can't get any heat out of the back.

Can anyone give me a few tips to check out before a car trip without rear heat? Thanks guys.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swap relays for a start.

With luck, you have a defective R10 relay located in the engine compartment fuse / relay box located under the starting battery cover on the passenger side, (USA spec).

As such, you might want to just swap around the R16 front fan heater relay and the R10 rear relays as they are similar and it is an easy first step.

If the R10 relay is defective, it may be that the front fan will not work and still also the rear will not work, but that is because the logic is tied together. Also play with the button on the lower right side of the front dash heater controls to take the rear setup off automatic and put it on manual. Then also make certain the manual controls located in the centre roof area are set for high fan speed and full heat or near full heat. Ultimately you may have a defective fan but the odds are the problems are more power supply related.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you @bbyer. I appreciate your response.

- Checking into this now.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good link and it was merely a fuse problem.

The link below is a good discussion re the front fan not working with a happy ending. After much effort, the problem was solved by replacing a fuse - but finding the non functioning fuse was not that easy. There is quite a bit of info re the rear heater fan as well in the link; also links to wiring drawings etc.

Replace the ***** with landroversonly com and insert a period where the space is.

http://www.*******************/forums/f41/no-ac-heat-vents-58435/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99