Rear side window won't roll up!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear side window on my 1997 Disco is totally messed up. Suddenly it just makes a churning noise when you press the up button and you can slide the glass up by hand but it slides back down on it's own! I want to try taking the door apart. I'm hoping it's a simple fix. Any advice??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
My advice either build or buy the parts used... window assembly is expensive for what you get.

Other than that... dig in and have fun.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Window regulators

Well, On a 2004 Disco the rear side doors, you first remove the screws, don’t forget the one in the door handle opener. It’s nice to slip out the door opener bezel first but not necessary. Then simply pull the door panel of. Then you have to remove the plastic, try not to tear it. Start from the bottom first, and work only half way up is all that’s necessary . The little bolts were 8 mm and be careful, they are threaded into thin aluminum, it is too easy to strip the nut portion. Only about 40 or so inch pounds to tighten. In other words, screwdriver nut driver tight only, and it’s possible to strip them with that.
I used a wood working tool called a “ quick grip “ to hold the window up while I completely removed the whole regulator assembly.

Reverse the operation for assembly

This link shows other modifications used as well

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11608

I haven't been into a 96 regulator system in years, but i don't remember them being too different.
Any further help needed, feel free to ask………. Chongo:bandit:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90