Rejuvinating Interior Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having just bought the vehicle (used) a few days ago, I am finding more and more little nicks and scratches in the all black leather interior, nothing major, just consmetic. Being **** about nicks and scratches (exterior and interior) on any car I have owned, can someone recommend ways to renovate the interior back to its glorious as new condition?

Besides black markers, shoe polish (believe it or not) and other tricks I had successfully used in the past, what can I use to fill out small holes in the plastic, leather and trim. Is there any "putty-like" material that can be successfully used in hard to see places to bring the interior up to spec?

Thanks.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like those who bought used were lucky enough to have perfect interiors :). Non-the-less, I worked on the interior this weekend and it loks a 10 time better than when I first bought the car . . . . It is a lot of work but worth it. Any one repair minor curb rash on the wheels?

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, thing is, I dont, well, not yet anyway :)

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For rim repair try this:

http://www.audiforum.ca/general-d-i-y-do-yourself/923-audi-d-i-y-wheel-scuff.html

I'm not sure about where you'd get factory match rim paint for an LR3 - my BMW uses the same Wurth paint as the Audi in the link. Per Trynian, not sure I'd bother with the LR3 (I'm happy just to wash 'em every couple of weeks/months).

In regards to interior, I like Lexol cleaner and conditioner; fairly cheap and available at most tack (horse equipment) shops as it's original purpose is/was as a saddle cleaner/conditioner.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that gtc, these are the instructions I have, all I need is the source for the paint used when painting the 6 spoke 19 inch wheels on my HSE, very metallic silver and not the Wurth paint unfortunately :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo