Relay or fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jleebee1975

Reaction score
I have a 2000 land rover disco 2. I recently changed the factory stereo out for an aftermarket unit. It has been working great for a week then today I noticed a buzzing noise coming from the speakers. I removed the radio to diagnose the problem and now I don't get any power to the radio. I tried reinstalling the factory radio and it doesn't get power either. In addition my clock stopped working the dome lights won't come on my keyless entry quit working and my climate control resets to the factory default every time I take the key out of the ignition. Both of the radio fuses are good. Please help!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like either a blown fuse:

Check the following fuses

20 - this is the one I think may be bad.

If the fuses are good, then you may need to reset the BECM, not saying it can be done by disconnecting the battery, but it can't hurt... disconnect battery for 20 minutes and see if everything works now.

Jleebee1975

Reaction score
Joey, thanks for your help. You were dead on. I had just spoke with my local land rover dealer prior to getting your reply and after about 20 minutes of walking me through testing fuses and relays they told me to check fuse 20 and sure enough it was blown. I appreciate your help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
NP, that is what I am here for.

Mark

Reaction score
How does one find the fuse *numbers*. My eyesight is poor and it is hard to read some stuff..

Please tell me where the numbers are at in the RAVE or by some other means.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
the are in the RAVE under the owners manual section... or you can find them in your owners manual if you have one.

Mark

Reaction score
the are in the RAVE under the owners manual section... or you can find them in your owners manual if you have one.

I looked first and when I did not see anything resembling the a column of numbers, I wrote to this thread.

Check the following fuses

20 - this is the one I think may be bad.
What do the numbers mean?

Mark

Reaction score
Here is what I found in RAVE.

Interesting, the Rear view Mirror is on the same circuit? My just started leaking Wed. from the heat. But the radio worked on Fri., not on Sat.

Attachments

• FuseDetails.jpg
    FuseDetails.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 98

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Mark, should this be under a different thread? Not sure what all you are asking...

Mark

Reaction score
First of all. I am asking how to read the numbers in the list. Where is the associated fuse.
Secondly, I looked at RAVE and came across the electrical diagram for the radio and I saw that the Chromatic Mirror was on the same circuit and that my mirror just recently *popped*.

The radio worked last night and now it does not. I checked the fuses and all of the fuses beeped when I touched the Fluke to the test points.
So I added the circuit from RAVE to show that.

So...How does one read the numbers in the list. Where are the numbers associated with the list.

Joey - Thanks....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635