Relays Relays were are you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 95 Disco (5-speed) left hand drive, US model Vin SA. I have a factory parts catalogue and on page J-17 shows a footwell hinged bracket (passenger footwell)with 5 relays laying flat and 3 relays vertical on the same bracket. In real life on the Disco the 3 vertical relays are missing but the mounting tabs are there. These three relays are #2 YWB10027L power wash, #3 YWB10032L
ABS warning, #4 AMR3773 ABS pump. Where are these relays? They are not in the RH or LH footwell A post area. Any help please, Carl...........o&o>.......

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am puzzled about it too - there is one relay missing from my '94 and i have no clue which one is it - there is just empty connector that should accept relay. Seeing that ABS working and things pumping and washing - its not something of vast importance. And plugging in generic relay prooved to be baaad idea :)

But here is an idea: we can compare colors - i mean those buggers are colored, right? So can you post which ones you got? I guess its call to everyone with D1 94-95... I'll post tonight which ones are presented on mine .

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uzbad, i'm getting 11 pages from my Rover service tech mailed to me at this time, i'll have to wait for them. below are two pages from the parts catalogue that i have thanks to a good parts man. I also have a workshop manual (not
cheap) paid $127 four years ago. If and when i find the ABS relay i'll swap with known good ones. Was told there is a way to clear the trouble light for ABS, pre O B 2 without the dealers. Keep you posted, Carl........o&o>........
PS, the wife had to figure out for me how to post pictures.

Disco-Relay-one.jpg

Disco-relays-two.jpg

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they are hanging around off me wiring harness - but looks like i am missing cruise control one.. Oh well. I dont use it anyway :)

Thanks for diagramm Carl.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disco N A S Parts Catalogue

fivespddisco, the parts catalogue has app 250 pages with print on both sides, this is what dealers use in the parts department. I became friends with the local dealer and was given a set. I believe they are not to given to the public, Rover rules. It covers every nut, bolt, washer or part (exploded view)for the Rover. Also the Workshop Manual app $127 thru the dealer, you can buy that one it helps if you do your own work. Off the subject i'm I.B.E.W. 595 Dublin
Calif. besides a A&P mechanic. You need both to keep a Rover out of the shop.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carl, feel like working on my airplane for cheap? hehe....hmmm :ahhhhh:

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like em big, women little

Jeff Discos, unless it's a 1830, 2800 Pratt & Whitney or Allison 501-D13's i'm lost, been with the airlines (large aircraft 12,500#). General aviations a lawsuit waiting and low pay. If you saw the quality of some mechanics, you would take the Rover instead. Not to start a forum war please. Carl...o&o>....

fivespddisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
beemer I an out of I.B.E.W 41 buffalo. and i can honestly say that my rover is the only one in the local. thanks for the info.

Ps I hope you guys are busy and 210.... 220 .... what ever it takes...

A

Ayidth

mistery of the relays

Hi:

I have a '95 Disco SA in Saudi Arabia. Again the relays are a mystery - there are no horizontal relays on the hinged bracket.

Regards

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM