Removing the cat's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has done this and if you can just weld a spacer **** on the rear o2 to get rid of the CEL light. I am doing a trany filter service and need a muffler change anyways so just thought i might as well bend up a couple pipes at the same time
Thanks in advance

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i removed the cats had 2 bolts snap at the manifolds i highly suggest soaking the bolts in mouse milk everyday for a couple days but it sounds deeper and has a lil more low end also we will see the mileage change

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think you will gain from doing thie? Doesn't really give you much if any increase in power and surely will mess with your ECU.
Also being a federal effence, you will have to reinstall them before you can sell it.

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think you will gain from doing thie? Doesn't really give you much if any increase in power and surely will mess with your ECU.
Also being a federal effence, you will have to reinstall them before you can sell it.

Are u serious i dont ever plan on selling it and its a massive restriction in the exhaust. That will always gain results hence why you can buy high flow cats and i am not worried about the effect on the environment due to my catless exhaust.
I really hope your joking sorry if i come across rude
Oh yeah sorry for off road use only

Last edited:

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear O2 sensors are used for more than just cat monitoring on this vehicle, and they play a large part in fueling. You will end up with a positive upstream sensor offset due to the lack of reaction in the cats, which may end up costing you fuel mileage.

And I suppose if you're not worried about our environment, then it's perfectly fine for everyone else.

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No effect on mileage sounds better and little more power. You can spacer the rear o2's. If your worried about the environment don't buy stuff online. Or preach in the Congo
No offence meant

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We need to offset all those clean electric/hybrids with a little polluting vehicles. He's just doing his part to balance life

andrevan

Reaction score
Thanks for the response I was worried that there would be a problem with the management system.