Removing the Dash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has intructions on how to remove the center console in the front dash.

I have a Garvin GPS and I was sinply trying to run the power wire that plugs into the 12v outlet behind the dash so it look wireless. I will place the GPS in the same position where the stock Navi would go cause I dont have Navi.

I want to remove the rubber insert, make a small hole in the top of the center console and run the wire down behind the center console dash, use a box cutter and cut a hole in the carpet beside the 12v outlet so the wire can come through there and plug in the outlet. this way all you see is the plug in - in the outlet and the GPS positioned where the stock Navi would go.

The problem is, I just need to know how to remove the center console dash without damaging anything so I can run the wire behind it.
Not too complicated but with these things everything is complicated.

I have seen a few threads and members have installed aftermarket Navi's and I know they have to remove the center console to do so.

help please:help:

Trynian

Reaction score
Just grab hold of it at the round vents and pull straight out. It is only heald in place by clips.

It will seem tight but it will come loose.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is, I just need to know how to remove the center console dash without damaging anything so I can run the wire behind it.
Not too complicated but with these things everything is complicated.

I have seen a few threads and members have installed aftermarket Navi's and I know they have to remove the center console to do so.

help please:help:

I think the vents kinda hook in to the upper dash pad from what I remember. The way I do it is to grab on sides at the base and pull. If it has never been removed the clips hold quite well, so just keep pulling and it will come loose.
Ryan
05 V8SE (With a Ham Radio installed in that spot)

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused
so the center vents hold the dash in? and pull from the bottom?
see below

Attachments

• centre console-1.JPG
    centre console-1.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 88

Trynian

Reaction score
You can grip the sides or the vents. It is just a bunch of clips (about 6) that will pop loose. One set of clips is up near the vents another set about mid way down and a set at the bottom.

Some like to start towards the bottom so if you grab down toward the climate controls and pull out the lower clips will start to release.

Just give it a tug it will come out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink