Replaced compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssloane

Reaction score
Grabbed new compressor from my local dealership..$625, replaced it..everything's back to norm with suspension. The kit came with 2 relays. I found the one in the fuse area, is there a second somewhere else?

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, just the one, you got an extra.

Be sure to get the software updated soon, to prevent issues with the new unit. Be sure you tell whomever does the update that you have the AMK installed.

ssloane

Reaction score
Thanks..will I need that update? everything seems great

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had the Hitachi compressor, and now installed the AMK, get the update. There are different operation strategies that the ECU has to control the different units.

Over time having the incorrect software can cause premature failure of the compressor, and can also cause erroneous faults to come up. I have also seen it cause very strange operation of the system, lifting the rear all the way up when it shouldn't be, due to the exhaust valve not being properly commanded.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo