Replacing dead Park Distance Buzzer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a step by step for replacement of the PD buzzer.

After five years of ownership, my PD buzzer died a slow pathetic death. I got mine from Parts.com for a price, including shipping, about 25% less than dealer retail. This is an easy repair but will require the appropriate size Torx driver.

The PD buzzer lives behind the lower C pillar moulding on the drivers side. That's the long black panel to the left of the third row seats or the left side of cargo area.

1. Fold and tilt the drivers (left) side 2cd row seat.
2. Lift the weather striping around the lower C pillar moulding in the area of the back door and the tail gate. It will be harder to pull if it's never been lifted before.
3. Remove the big torx screw that holds the end of the second row seat belt
4. Using a small flat screw driver, lift the captive cover on the forward edge of the trim above the torx screw. Loosen the screw that is inside the cover.
5. Starting form the door threshold, push the C - pillar trim inward popping the the trim clips along the way. There is no need to completely remove the trim if only the buzzer is being replaced
6. Crawl into the load space area, at the base of the window there is a black plastic cover held on by two screws and two trim clips. Remove both screws and pop the trim inward to release.
7. The PD buzzer will now be visible. Using a small screw driver push into the clip holding the wiring connector to the buzzer. Remove two screws and replace the buzzer.
8. Assembly is the reverse. Before replacing the door weather stripping make certain that all of the trim clips on the lower C - pillar and the D- pillar are secure. Once satisfied that all is in place, re- install the door weather stripping.

Should not take more than 30 minutes.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having had mine all apart to install my onboard air compressor behind that panel I can say that is well written! However I thought you had to remove the panel under the tiedown hooks too? Maybe my memory is off....

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be different with a five seater. I copied and and filled in some details from the LR GTR and it didn't mention anything about the load space panel.
Even though most of the interior of the LR3 is "snap together", it's the few hidden screws that could cost you. With a panel as large as the lower C - pillar one would think that there might be more than one screw holding it in. Not the case.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the snap clip right buy the one screw broke off on mine. Also the one at the rear lower corner. It really is poorly put together. Most of what failed on mine were the the "melted" attachment points...I was able to fix both of them before I put it back though by glueing and melting the bits back as the factory did...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM