Rethinking Adding Rear Entertainment - Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless they changed something on the 16s, it's a single disc CD/DVD slot and the build sheet is wrong. FWIW, the build sheet of my 2013 with RSES (but that was before they switched to the Meridian system) simply said "DVD PLAYER REGION 1" in the specs.

Tha manual is correct, you can only copy up to 10 music CDs in the "virtual CD store" (a partition of the hard drive that also hosts the navigation system database) in uncompressed format. That's whether you have the Rear Seat Entertainment system or not. However, as far as I know you can still only feed 1 disc at a time - CD or DVD - in the slot. the 6-disc Alpine DVD changer I had on my 2006 Sport with RSE went away in 2010. When you order the RSE, you get the 2, 8" LCD screens on the headrests, 2 wireless headphones, a remote for the rear passengers and additional A/V inputs behind the center arm rest. The rest of the hardware should be the same with our without RSE.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72