Reverse camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4newbie

Reaction score
i have now had my 2012 HSE for 3 weeks. what started out as an occassional glitch with the reverse camera now has it as completely disabled. the camera does not go on when i put the gear in R. when i turn the ignition on, there's a 5 second beep alerting me with a pop up in the screen " parking aid alert: cameras unavailable. please consult your dealer"

i now have an appt for the car to be fixed. the salesman thinks it's a software glitch.

has anyone experienced this and if it was fixed, has it become an issue again?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was an issue with the 2010 and 2011 models with the vision assist cameras. There is a TSB out for that. I remember a few members had to have modules and wiring replaced. Not sure what your issue is. Could be just a software update. Please keep us posted. I got the blue screen several times in the begining on the rear view camera and the vision assist cameras, but that seemed to have resolve itself.

LR4newbie

Reaction score
an update:

i brought my car in to fix this issue on friday. after leaving it in service all day, i picked it up at the end of the day since they fixed it. or so they claimed. literally within 2 min, the issue occurred again. they thought perhaps my blackberry could be interfering so we shut it off to no avail. they are picking the car up and will hopefully get it right this time. they told me it hasn't happened before and they had to contact LR tech to get help and that it was a software issue.

this goes on 2 more times, then i got a lemon case. don't want to have it come to this so i am hoping they get it fixed for good.

LR4newbie

Reaction score
quick update

dealer picked my car up to bring back to shop. they called and told me they have never seen this specific issue NOR has Land Rover.

i don't like the sound of this. will give you an update when they come to a solution.

LR4newbie

Reaction score
hopefully this is my final update with the reverse camera issue:

i received the car yesterday after 2 days at the dealer. they told me that they replaced the sensor (not sure if front or back) which caused the camera to render ineffective, as well as the sensors themselves. so far, it has been working as expected.

now you know what to do in case you experience my issue.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hopefully this is my final update with the reverse camera issue:

i received the car yesterday after 2 days at the dealer. they told me that they replaced the sensor (not sure if front or back) which caused the camera to render ineffective, as well as the sensors themselves. so far, it has been working as expected.

now you know what to do in case you experience my issue.

good to know and good to hear that your issue has been resolved.
Thanks for sharing.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i brought the car in for 2nd service they actioned a tsb on the cameras. as per the receipt they added filters, or signal filters. please note they had already addressed my blue screen on 2 cameras during my first visit. perhaps they didnt have the tsb yet back then though they replaced the lines then for free.

LR4newbie

Reaction score
well, the solution to my reverse camera was short-lived. after 12 days, the issue resurfaced and the car was picked up again this morning at my house. i am beyond frustrated and this is the last shot the dealer has before i submit a lemon application and give the manufacturer 1 shot to remedy the issue.

it is very annoying and it's too bad because everything else is great with the car. but not having the ability to use the parking sensors and camera is a major functional bug.

stay tuned.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, i get into my LR4 on friday, get the kids in the car seats, and put the car in reverse. I have been trying to focus on using the rear camera instead of turning my head, but old dogs have a tough time with new tricks. Looking at the camera, all i see are trees. Whats going on? Why dont I see directly behind me. Damn...unreliable, POSS (piece of solihull S**t)!!!....and then it dawns on me, actually my daughter pointed it out, the tailgate is open...

Yeah, I am THAT stupid...

hope it works out for you...i went the lemon law route on my Grand Cherokee earlier this year...its not a fun process....but ultimately it worked out...I bought an LR4!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4