Review Camera install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I specifically wanted an after-market screen for precisely this reason...please keep us posted on availability.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's so awesome but seeing the price for the gnet/gvif box is SO high i dont think i can afford the price of entry.
There are kits out there to replace your rear view mirror with one that includes a hidden screen for the backup camera. A full range of prices and options if you don't mind losing the factory mirror to gain this feature. Google "rear view mirror backup camera"...

foofighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm that's another option i never thought of. my wife's odyssey has that feature in the rear view. I'll be honest it's a bit difficult to see but it does the job.

be good to have that camera kit you installed and have it connect to the rearview mirror

Last edited:

LR3GuyJoe

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in one of the GVIF boxes for about $320?

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats the one, not sure about that site tho...

I'm going to give the vendor some feedback this week. I'm not sure on the price I'll find out and get you all the info when I do.

You need a seperate "gnet/gvif" box for it to work with the factory nav. From what I understand the box is expensive.

any luck with finding out more info on this? Fortunately I have aftermarket screens in my car I am installing where this will work out.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought a camera or just about any video source could be hooked up directly to the factory nav unit without a gnet/gvif box. From what I remember, it required using an unusual Amphenol connector and then going into one of the hidden menus to access an alternate video screen on the navi. Is the gnet/gvif box for triggering the screen when the vehicle goes into reverse?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635