Roof Racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a good roof rack for my 2008 LR3. I have the short rails on the top and am looking for a low-profile/non-basket type of roof rack. The idea is to have a platform for carrying a Christmas tree, strapping camping gear, carrying lumber, etc. so that I don't have to worry about damaging the top of the LR3. And which is reasonably easy to remove or attach when I want.
Suggestions on the best type and vendor for one?
Thanks.

Last edited:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks but what about a set of cross bars and a platform that integrates with them?

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yakima have a full line of products. The Whispbar is just their aero cross bars. They are super quiet and a relatively low load rating.

Check the Yakima website for details. For general use, bikes, snowsports, roof box they are a neat solution.

Auburn92

Reaction score
We have the Thule silver bars, match the truck color:rolleyes:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Rhino Racks? I like that they are a flat platform that enables you to carry oversized pieces as well as lash cargo to it. And it looks like it comes off easily.
The Thule and Yakima bars look good too but do not have that platform for cargo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72