Rough Idle on Startup ONLY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samroverguy

Reaction score
For some reason when I turn the rover on it is very rough. Then when I get it revved up, I have zero issues. Seems like it turns over ok. Any ideas what could be causing this? I drive a 1995 Range Rover Classic. Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
When was your last tune up? How long does the rough idle last? How many miles, and when did the issue start?

samroverguy

Reaction score
I bought the rover about 6k miles ago when it had 125k miles. At the time I put new air and fuel filter, new stepper motor, and a few other small things. Can't remember if I put new spark plugs... The spark plug wires looked very new.

When it starts it cand be rough for 20 seconds. I try to revv it but sometimes it doesn't respond. Once it dies respond and it revs up a little I can tell that everything will run smooth.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would start with new cap and rotor button.... also do you smell gas heavily when you start it.?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM