Running Headrest DVD wires down back of seat (LR2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaJabu

Reaction score
I'm a newbie, sorry if this has been asked and answered I could not find it. I have a 2008 LR2 and purchased some after market headrest DVD's. Fit seems good but I need to be able to get the wires down the back of the seat. I could likely snake a coat hanger down but I don't even know how to pull the bottom out to grab the wires. I am about to take the seat out and get serious but if anyone could save me any extra work and tell me how to get the bottom lose so I can get my hand in there to grab the wires, I'd be grateful. BTW, my first Land Rover experience and seems to be an awesome thing.

Thanks in advance!

tastepie

Reaction score
Headrest wires

On the back of the seat at the very bottom is a plastic clip on the inside attaching the back of the seat to the bottom. You should be able to push down on the one side with your thumbs and start to undo the clip. Once you undo the clip you should have full access to the back of the seat from the bottom. Another helpful note is that there is a plastic guide hole near the top of the seat that you will need to make sure you feed the wire through or the headrest will not go down all the way. Hope this helps!

MaJabu

Reaction score
Thanks so much!

I really appreciate this. I'll do some probing down there this weekend and see if I can pull it apart without doing any damage.

On the back of the seat at the very bottom is a plastic clip on the inside attaching the back of the seat to the bottom. You should be able to push down on the one side with your thumbs and start to undo the clip. Once you undo the clip you should have full access to the back of the seat from the bottom. Another helpful note is that there is a plastic guide hole near the top of the seat that you will need to make sure you feed the wire through or the headrest will not go down all the way. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM