Running problems.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fathandracin

Reaction score
I just traded my brother for this.It will idol and as soon as you give it the fuel it misses and backfires and wont take the fuel.I did compression test,checked fuel pressure.My brother put on new plugs,wire,coil packs,cam sensor and fuel filter.I checked it today with my Blue point Can OBD 1 & 2 reader.The codes that came up was p 1314 misfire likely to damage catalyst,bank B. Ant p 1313 misfire likely to damage catalyst,bank A.If anyone could help me out on this.I would be greatful.Thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What plugs did he put in?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, lets go a little farther.... What year, mileage.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
what kind of fuel pressure at the rail are you getting?

I would install cheap champions if it were me... clean the MAF, clean the intake

Sadly backfiring could be a worn out cam as well.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You say you did a compression test... how did that come out?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any new/current codes, if so what are they.
Autolight plugs, in general don't work well with our engines, not saying they are the problem, just information.
What were the compression numbers, did he do a leak down test to make sure you don't have a burned valve?

fathandracin

Reaction score
I don't have a good compression tester.Its one you hold in the spark plug hole and have someone to turn it over.All cyclinders was about the same.How much fuel pressure should it have?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer