SE Premium Audio system questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

luvmylr3

I have an LR3 SE with, what the manual references as, premium audio and have some questions about its functionality.
- What does the "AF Switch" do? I selected yes and no, but could not see any functional difference. I can not find any reference to this in the manuals
- Does the SE have a subwoofer? From everything I have read, including the manual it does, however when I change the subwoofer settings there does not seem to be any difference in the sound.
- Does anyone have a diagram or picture that shows where all 9 speakers are located, specifically the subwoofer?
- There looks to be a speaker in the middle of the dash under the windshield, but no sounds is emitted. Is this a speaker? Is it for the alarm versus the stereo?
- Source Tone Memory, no real explaination in the manual of what it does. My assumption was that the system could memorize the different tone settings for the different audio devices; radio, cd, aux and would use the appropriate tone settings for each. Testing that theory proved it to be incorrect. Tone settings stayed the same from one device to the next. Any ideas?

BTW, still luv my LR3. Did some light off roading and had a blast. Even used the crawl mode to go under some low hanging branches. It is a great feeling to have so many useful features at your command.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KTMLC8

The subwoofer is located in the tail gate on the left side if your standing behind the vehicle. I have not taken delivery of mine yet so I cannot assist you with the audio functions.

Also that center dash speaker may not be there. The HSE has the Logic 7 system in it which uses a front center channel so it may just be the grill for that speaker.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink