Seat Memory Nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wifes 08 LR3 HSE has the seat memory tied to each FOB. This was a step forward from her 05 which lacked this feature and well, we were looking forward to it.

Not anymore.

The seat randomly does the following:

Works perfectly, each user can open the door and have the seat adjust to their saved position via the FOB.
Works for one key (this is frequent) but not the other
Works not at all with either FOB.
Decides to move the seat backward when you shut off the car
Decides not to move the seat backware when you shut off the car
See above but switch the direction, it will move back but not decide to move forward when you go to start the car
My favorite for last -- the car likes to -- and this is ONLY with my FOB likes to attempt to crush me. It keeps pushing the seat forward and upwards until I am crushed against the wheel and forced to either reach for my memory button or take the key out of the ignition.

The dealer (Denver Landrover East) has been told of these issues multiple times. Thus far they have been unable to reproduce any problems -- which of course is a load of horseshit as you need only attempt entry more than once to see one of the above issues. Their response has always been something like "tell owner to read manual."

I've been a software developer for 20 years now. Suffisive to say, I am no stranger to problem solving and logic. I have tested in every manner I can think of and have found no pattern in how our seats screw up and no way to 100 percent reproduce any of the behaviour.

Please ... please ... please tell me someone else out there has had a similar issue and there is in fact an easy enough fix?

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a similar issue with my 08 HSE as well.

We only drive it on the weekends, and lately I've been the primary driver. So I havent had to switch back and forth between the key fobs... But my memory seats definitely act strange.

I've experienced all of the problems you have, although the attempt to crush only happened once. I jumped out of the care before I got stuck.

I havent yet taken it in to report, but I'll mention it the next time I'm in for service.

Curious to hear if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I'd be interested in a fix as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4