Severice Engine Light Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

galloway904

Reaction score
Here's the deal: The other day I was driving my 2003 Discovery (102500 miles) home from the store and about 1/2 mile from home, the service engine light started flashing and the car was riding really rough. I got it home and jumped on the forum to see whats up. I concluded that the engine was probably misfiring. Just to be sure, I plugged in my code reader this morning and it said no codes found, so I started the car and gave it a bit of gas, the service engine light never came on and the engine was running fine. Any suggestions?
Also, I am going to replace the plugs and wires anyway, is there any special tools I should look for to make the process easier? Thanks!

galloway904

Reaction score
I was checking out other posts and I was wondering maybe rain could play a factor? I live in N Florida and when it happened it poured the day before and its been dry for the past couple of days

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Water will only effect a Disco 2 engine if you still have the factory grey plug wires.
No special tools needed but you will want to buy some god 8 mm silicone wires like STI's or Magnacor's, do not buy plugs from the local parts store, might considering ordering them from British Parts of Utah.
If you want some help, before installing the wires, you might want to send me your number and I'll walk you thru your 2 options.

galloway904

Reaction score
I checked it out and they look like the original factory wires. I'm going to order the wires a plugs next week. Thanks for the help and I might have to take your offer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo