Should I Be Afraid To Buy 2006 Lr3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jakobzara

The more I read, the more I question if the majority of the people who buy the lr3 regret it.

Please advise how many of you would recommend this vehicle to a friend.

thanks for your help.

I am planning on leasing a vehicle - $650 / month plus tax,for the car, list is $49,500, plus I am adding side steps, brush bar and lights.

2006 lr3 se third row, bluetooth, cold weather.

Help

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that 90% of the post on here are about issues, but you should also remember that there are 1000's more LR owners out there with almost no issues. My '97 D1 which has been rated poorly on every mag and by almost every LR site (at least everyone says something bad about issues with the D1's).

I have not been stranded anywhere or had any issues that have left me without a vehicle as of yet. Almost 130k miles on it... and yes I do offroad once in awhile.

If I had the money, I would keep the D1, just for fun and I would be driving an LR3 or a RRS in a heartbeat... no questions.

sydeem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not only recomend the LR3 to a friend, I would recomend it to my family!

R

roverdawg

I own a 2005 LR3 HSE and I've had some problems mostly due to being an early adopter. I LOVE the LR3 and all problems have been fixed and were mostly attributable to the early 2005 model. I believe the problems such as the compressor and the fuel tank are not an issue in the 2006 as they utilized the latest version of said parts. The only "issue" that I am aware of in the 2006 is a minor parking brake issue that is known and easily fixable with a replacement of the parking pawl guide plate. Only affects about 2000 vehicles. Would I buy a 2005 again? Yes. Would I buy a 2006? Without hesitation.

J

jakobzara

Thanks, for the info,

I have always driven BMW, but need 7 seats.

Did anyone else lease there vehicle, if so what did you pay.

C

Colt45

I used to buy Jeeps, but after having constant problems with the last Grand Cherokee I had, I looked at a lot of different vehicles for a replacement. I wanted 7 seats, lots of interior space, the ability to tow a trailer. I looked at about everything out there - Toyoto, Lexus, Hummer, Jeep, BWM etc . Everything was either underpowed or too small or just '**-hum o.k.' - none of them grabbed me like the LR3. - - After owning it for a month I had to put it in the shop for almost a month to have a problem with the Nav system repaired. The local dealer just about replaced everything before finding the problem, but now everything works great and I love driving this vehicle. - - - While my LR3 was in the shop I posted frequently (it helped me to vent !) but afterwards I posted much less often - - there was no reason to do so since everything was working well. - - - So you definitely want to keep that in mind when reading the forum posts. - - - Would I buy an LR3 again ? Absolutely. - - - But you do want to keep in mind that it is a new design with lots of high tech components than can go wrong. If you keep this in mind and 'roll with the punches' you'll enjoy this car. - - - (I bought my LR3, so I can't help you with your leasing question.) -

S

suth150

All I can speak from is my own experience. 11000 miles not one single problem. Love it. Would recommend it to anybody. Dealer has been great on oil changes and everything. Got mine in Kansas City. But thats just me.

F

Freeflytim

vocal minority screams the loudest... along the lines of...

"OMG me/my wife was taking son/daughter to soccer/football/ballet/swim/crew and had a light turn on. I can't believe it. This truck is sucks."

Look at the post numbers of the people that are screaming vs people like me. They are only here to vent.

LR has sold THOUSANDS of these trucks in the US and only a handfull are complaining here.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 01 SE7 Disco was a gem, one unscheduled trip to the dealer in nearly 4 years. Likewise our LR3 has been faultless.

The wife did mention she saw some water leak from the overhead light a few weeks back -- so we will have that checked out at the next oil change.

R

redrover

As I've mentioned, had well over 100K on my 97SI, and over 100K on my current SII. I replaced a wheel bearing on the SII. Thats been about it. I've let the dealer take care of most service. Joe the service manager has allways taken care of me professionally. We drive mostly highway, but tow, and run the beach for surf casting. Have their been quirks? Yes. Does the grass sometimes seem greener at other dealers lots? Yes. Have I been concerned about some of the posts? Yes. Am I about to buy my third Land Rover? YES. Do I think about finding and buying back my 97 SI just for fun? Yes.
I think that as long as I feel that the dealer is their for me and treats me fairly, I will keep coming back because I love the breed. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72