Side assist steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Anyone personally added side steps to your LR3? If so, is it fairly simple (ie, no welding needed)? No drilling? Just nuts and bolts into pre-existing holes on the frame of the car?

Thank you.

Vince.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no welding, but I think some drilling. Go to www.ownerinfo.landrover.com , use the drop downs to download the instructions to see if this is up your alley.
Looks they have a picture of a file in the instr, but no drill. Mostly a bolt-on affair.

Last edited:

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great info! I'm concerned about having to drill into the frame or part of the car. I would hate to have salt from daily winter driving get into the exposed steel.

Vince

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much debate, I decided to have my dealer install the sidesteps for me. I'll hopefully have it done this week since I'm off for the week. I'll post pics after. Also, it was reassuring (for me anyway) to hear that it'll be covered under the warranty that comes with the car er, truck.

Vince.

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are pics of side steps for my 2008 LR3 HSE. I had my dealer install it. It wasn't cheap, but it's covered under my basic warranty.

I also included a pic of a small gouge on my passenger door panel. The seat belt didn't retract fast enough and when the door closed, BAM!

Good news is, my dealer said it was covered under warranty and they have a NEW door panel on order and will be replaced in a month!

Vince.:smile:

Attachments

• DSC06819.jpg
    DSC06819.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC06824.jpg
    DSC06824.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts