Sign of Things to Come?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noticed a “pop” sound coming from front end area of my 4 a bit ago while pulling out of a parking spot in drive. Bushings are fine so I know it’s not control arms bouncing around. I have a cringing feeling it’s a drive shaft/front diff issue. Anyone have similar occurrence?

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had initially planned on that. But due to it being paid for and having the title in my name, I’m enjoying not being in debt. I’m only 26. Not wanting to finance. Almost a perfect credit score as well. I’m a hoarder when it comes to finances. Sounds cliché talking about saving money while owning a Rover, but plan on getting what I can out of it. Went and drove a 200 Series Land Cruiser. Bank offered 2.9% with 60% down, but I’ve since opted.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m enjoying not being in debt. I’m only 26. Not wanting to finance. Almost a perfect credit score as well. I’m a hoarder when it comes to finances.
Smart dude with a solid outlook. Hope you figure out the popping issue and that it'll be covered under your extended warranty

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How were the front wheels oriented when you heard the sound (i.e. turned or straight)? Was the vehicle in standard mode or sand/snow/mud/etc?

In my experience, a bad driveline "pop" is immediately followed by a bunch of other bad stuff, like clunking, grinding, or other expensive-sounding problems.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoarding is a start but the real progression comes when you move on to hiding your finances.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there (hopefully) a chance you ran something over? See RyanJL's post above- this usually is immediately followed by a repetitive clicking when moving or a catastrophic failure of the component..

Any fluid under the bushings or diff?

Also, see ktm525's advice above.. If my wife finds my Cessna fund, I'll be living in my LR4..!;)

Mike

Causeway LR4

Reaction score
I get a "pop" in the front end when making a right turn onto a street in my neighborhood. Major off camber turn on a hill and I am guessing it is just putting the front end drive train at max angles. I hope its nothing.

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a "pop" in the front end when making a right turn onto a street in my neighborhood. Major off camber turn on a hill and I am guessing it is just putting the front end drive train at max angles. I hope its nothing.

I had this happen in a previous car. It popped in both directions. Mechanics couldn’t find anything wrong at all so they replaced everything. Still klunk. For reasons I don’t remember I put a few more pounds air in front tires and Presto! the klunk disappeared.

I dunno

Frank

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noticed a “pop” sound coming from front end area of my 4 a bit ago while pulling out of a parking spot in drive. Bushings are fine so I know it’s not control arms bouncing around. I have a cringing feeling it’s a drive shaft/front diff issue. Anyone have similar occurrence?
It's always been bushings and/or control arm related for me when I've had this noise. I know you said they're good, but that's what I'd have someone take a careful look at. I think in a post below you said it's when you are making a turn at low speed or entering a slight hill. That's when I've heard it. It was never a highway thing but sometimes I'd make a turn on a washboard lumpy road and I'd here metal on metal clunking. That was always front end stuff.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72