Signs that LCAs need to be replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a very odd experience doing this. I sourced parts from AtlanticBritish and my indy was happy to install the LCAs for me. They even gave me an exact list of parts to purchase which AB helpfully confirmed.

However, when the parts arrived at the shop, the techs were not able to make them fit to their satisfaction. I had them sent back to AB and they sent me a replacement set at no charge. Same issue with this set! This second set also went back and to their everlasting credit, AB gave me a full refund. I felt badly about this situation because LCAs are heavy! AB lost money on the double return shipping.
This sounds like an issue with aftermarket brand parts (not OE, nor OEM). Do you know the brand of the parts they supplied?

:eek:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds like an issue with aftermarket brand parts (not OE, nor OEM). Do you know the brand of the parts they supplied?

I agree that's what it sounds like. I don't know if I would be able to get that info at this point. But AB assured me (after each return) that they sold hundreds if not thousands of these exact LCAs and had never run into a situation like this. I'm sure that's true.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atlantic British has sent me aftermarket / non-OEM parts before, even though their web site doesn't identify them as such. A little over a ago I snapped and broke a front sway bar link while wheeling locally, and ordered a replacement from them using the OEM part # for the link (LR014145). Their price was competitive with other sites and I trusted AB's reputation so I ordered from them, but I received a "Moog" branded link instead. I mounted the link anyway since it looked compatible with the OEM part I had removed. It lasted about 3-4 months, then it broke / failed. For 30 bucks or so I didn't bother with AB's warranty (it's not the cost of the part, is the major PITA work it takes to install that sucker) and I sourced an actual OEM replacement from my local Land Rover dealer. I haven't had a problem since.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, i suspected them being bad, threw it up on the lift and couldn't see anything. couldn't move them, too heavy. but on driving there was a little wobble at high speed braking and there was a clunk from light braking while going down a steep hill and over concrete imperfections. then this showed up on the garage floor inside the drivers wheel about 6 inches. HMMM. 48k miles. so it is going into the dealer for that... View attachment 7851
Update. Took it to LR encino. They were bad and they are covered under the warranty because they are not removable like in some other models. According to the service manager. Alignment also covered under warranty. Pretty pleased about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72