simple cross bars, no factory rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aglio

Reaction score
hey everyone - new to the forum and a new LR4 owner. I purchased one w/o the factory rails and I'm wondering what my options are for a simple set of cross bars to throw a cargo box or bikes on the roof. not looking for a full on safari style rack and I'd prefer to avoid buying OEM rails.

I noticed a setup on Yakima's site for Whispbars that use the factory mount points on the roof. Is this a viable option? Anything out there that isn't $500? This is a temporary need, would love to keep it around $300 (or less).

I tried searching and most results were focused on full on racks that were overkill for my mission.

aj22

Reaction score
hey everyone - new to the forum and a new LR4 owner. I purchased one w/o the factory rails and I'm wondering what my options are for a simple set of cross bars to throw a cargo box or bikes on the roof. not looking for a full on safari style rack and I'd prefer to avoid buying OEM rails.

I noticed a setup on Yakima's site for Whispbars that use the factory mount points on the roof. Is this a viable option? Anything out there that isn't $500? This is a temporary need, would love to keep it around $300 (or less).

I tried searching and most results were focused on full on racks that were overkill for my mission.

I have the Yakima set up with bike carriers and a roof box. I posted a couple of pix last year. Works great.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a great plan. I have the full rack and love it.
Your upgrade will be cheap in the future as you will only need extensions and a bracket.
It's a fantastic rack; the full rack doesn't make a sound.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM