Sliders instalation help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.I finally purchased Mantec under bumper plate and have it installed today.Another item is in making for me,Sliders opt.2 slims with typical waiting time of 2-3 weeks ,but that's okay I am glad that I ordered them.Yeah!.My plans are to install sliders myself , are you guys have any tips for installation? I remember someone writing about insulating of air pipes before sliders go up and attaching steel mounting tubes with adhesive so they wont fell off?
I have jack and stands,what else do I need.?Guy from the factory told me that I need to trim back fender a bit for a tight fit.Thanks.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it by myself. Take a little longer than if you had help. And yup, the molding where the front mud flaps would go get trimmed. Measure twice...I messed up and had to buy a new one - $25 mistake.

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed mine with the help of my 13 year old son. It would think its easier if there is someone to help you when positioning them in place, but it can be done alone. Here is a tip on what had me baffled, I could not get the front body mount bolt to thread, then after going over the directions for the 3rd time, finally saw where it says: "NOTE: you may need to reposition the jack close to this mount and raise the front of slider for bolt to engage properly" I moved the jack closer, and the bolt threaded. This only happened to me on one side, the other body mount bolts threaded without any problem. A utility knife with a new blade can make the cuts just fine, but I would have liked to have some tin snips handy. Good luck with the install!

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember someone saying something about insulating a air pipes ,also is possible to use sound deadening material to insulate compressor noise from inside the sliders?

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to remove the air compressor cover, the slider will not fit on with it in pace. When I took the cover off, I was surprised at how much mud and water had gotten inside it. The cover wasn't designed to be water tight, but is was made to drain so it could dry out. Seeing that, I decided against any insulation for fear it would never dry out. Without the cover, the compressor noise is louder, but nothing to worry about. I do remember someone on here talking about a new bracket that mounted the whole unit much higher so you could leave the cover on it and have the slider fit. For me the extra noise isnt htat bad, and I know that any mud or water will drain right off.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to remove the air compressor cover, the slider will not fit on with it in pace. When I took the cover off, I was surprised at how much mud and water had gotten inside it. The cover wasn't designed to be water tight, but is was made to drain so it could dry out. Seeing that, I decided against any insulation for fear it would never dry out. Without the cover, the compressor noise is louder, but nothing to worry about. I do remember someone on here talking about a new bracket that mounted the whole unit much higher so you could leave the cover on it and have the slider fit. For me the extra noise isnt htat bad, and I know that any mud or water will drain right off.
Yep, Hi Country Off road has the relocation bracket, worked out great, not as much
compressor noise.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if Iget relocating bracket, would I be able to keep both covers,top and bottom?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RS sliders and relocation bracket combination requires removal of both upper and lower
covers at least in my case.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM