Slow Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mloyche

Reaction score
Hi there.

Since new I have felt my navagition is a bit slow. Are any of you experiencing it takes forever to input an address into the nav? Like you have to sit and wait for a few secs inbetween each letter you plug in?

Dealer said it's normal. I have a Garmin I take with me when traveling and renting cars. Never had an issue with that one and I think I paid about $100 for it.

Cheers

Martin

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 through 2012 were especially bad. They sped up the system somewhat on MY2013, but there is still a slight, but annoying, delay after entering letters / numbers. Although it's awfully chatty and slow as well, I often find the voice address input to be a faster and less involving method than trying to punch it on the touchscreen, especially if you are already on the way.

Last edited:

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sat Nav on this vehicle is a disgrace, honestly. It's one of the worst systems I have ever used in a vehicle and something I might have expected in a car 6+ years older.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The entire system seems slow to me, including the NAV.

I'd speculate that a contributing factor to the slow NAV is that the system is trying to match your input against it's records for every single letter/number you enter. So instead of waiting for you to input a full address, it's searching as you input letters, which takes f o r e v e r.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The entire system seems slow to me, including the NAV.

I'd speculate that a contributing factor to the slow NAV is that the system is trying to match your input against it's records for every single letter/number you enter. So instead of waiting for you to input a full address, it's searching as you input letters, which takes f o r e v e r.

This is correct, but BMW's nav does the same exact input method but is significantly faster. The LR version is just abysmally slow. Hell, there is even a delay / lag when using normal (non-nav) functions of the touch screen.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are all forgetting one of the main rules that land rover always says to use.

"As slow as possible. As fast as necessary."

So it's working as designed. ;)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are all forgetting one of the main rules that land rover always says to use.

"As slow as possible. As fast as necessary."

So it's working as designed. ;)
HaHa! I love it!

I don't use my NAV very much, but I did notice it was a little slow. I did not realize how behind the times it is based on the feedback in this forum. My last non-LR product with NAV, etc. was an ML and that seemed just as slow. The slow is OK with me, but I am FAR from a technology-driven person. I still haven't used the voice thing, CD player, or anything like that.

Jomalo

Reaction score
Try going to the dealer and have them update the software on your vehicle, I had them do it to my LR4 and I feel like it's much more responsive.. (although it might be my clouded imagination) Sometimes I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship.. :albertein

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 is only a few months old. I cant imagine it needs software? It's every bit as slow as everyone else's it seems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4