Soon to be Land Rover owner-few Q's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From personal experience, I bought our LR3, swapped out the tires, did an alignment and haven't had any issues yet. I do have a strange sound coming from the AC unit when I turn/off the AC (sounds like a bit of leather rubbing - similar to the sound made when lifting the armrests if they rub a bit)

That's a great description of that sound! I know what it is. That my friend, is a dirty damper LOL. The temperature mixing valve in the HVAC system under/behind the glovebox area needs lubricating. Mine was done under warranty, so I don't know what all was involved, but the dealer didn't give me any grief over it (and they almost always did for anything I brought in), so it might have been minor.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a great description of that sound! I know what it is. That my friend, is a dirty damper LOL. The temperature mixing valve in the HVAC system under/behind the glovebox area needs lubricating. Mine was done under warranty, so I don't know what all was involved, but the dealer didn't give me any grief over it (and they almost always did for anything I brought in), so it might have been minor.

Hey, that's great news! I love to be able to at least have a bit of a clue as to what's going on when I bring stuff in to the stealership - thought I'd be in the dark on this one, but still under warranty so wasn't too concerned. Thanks!

My wife noticed the sound first and mentioned that it usually only happened when she got into the truck; I actually thought that perhaps she was leaning on the armrest a bit, or moving it around unintentionally at first...

teamfalcon

Reaction score
I did it friends.

A 2008 LR3 with 9000+ miles for $38,000.

It drives like my 325i, but up high and with three rows. Drive smooth and handles great.

I think we're going to have fun with this.........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd