Spare parts supplier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aussie

Reaction score
Hi all....I tried to order some spare parts from "British parts of Utah" but got no reply - so can anybody recommend a good supplier of parts ??? they are much cheaper than over here in Australia (even allowing for freight) - and our dollar is doing so well compared to the U.S. dollar - so ideas anyone ????

ygrowup

Reaction score
I have ordered parts from British Parts of Utah and had no problems with them sending them to Canada. Give them a try again. Maybe your e-mail just got lost.
You could try AtlanticBritish Ltd. www.roverparts.com They give great advice and their prices seem good.

aussie

Reaction score
Finally got a reply from BPUtah re the "raised air intake"....I asked them what the freight cost would be....they just said it was too large to post...oh well I can only assume that the GFC didn't hit their business too hard as they obviously didn't want my money !!!!!
I was quite willing to take a hit on the freight cost as the RAI costs over $900 here in Australia and as BPUtah had the unit for $450 approx I figured I would come out ahead....oh well...their loss I guess...I'll continue my search elsewhere.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never really understood the need for the RAI. The vent is high enough to where water intrusion shouldn't be a problem. In fact if you've gotten in to water that high, you'll probably have cabin intrusion...

Maybe a better fresh air intake with the air being pulled from out of the dust kicked up by the front wheel?

I don"t know, I have better things to spend $900 on.

Just me though...

aussie

Reaction score
I'm getting the RAI so that I can draw air in from a higher point....I'm off to the "Flinders Ranges" (South Australia) area soon and it gets very dusty up that way....and if I do a bit of preventative waterproofing of the RAI and some of the electrics in the engine bay I will have no problems fording any deep water that I may come across in my travels - I live in Victoria and we have some quite deep river crossings in what we call our "high country" - the north-east section of our state.

tims29

Reaction score
aussie,
Just joined - was wondering how you went sourcing a RAI for the disco from OS? I am in Sydney and am facing the same question you sought?
thanx

aussie

Reaction score
I purchased it from TLO - The Large One - on the Disco3UK forum, it cost me about half what it costs here (including freight) so it's worth checking it out - and "our" dollar is slightly better value than when I did it....so go for it.
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/

cheers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis