Spark Plug wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

Kfordric

Hey all, I'm doing a tune up on my 99 D2. I need to get wires and plugs but an on a tight budget anyone have any ideas on what plugs and wires to get? Secondly i looked to see if i could do the job myself and is easy except how do you reach the connectors on the distr. theres everything in the way... Any help??? thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Cheap/budget.... get champion plugs and buy your wires at your local Auto parts store. Connectors on the coil packs... small hands and a lot of (^*%)()(*__++%*$$ not to mention a few other words....

Better way (cost more) buy Magnacor wires and some better plugs... everyone has a preference, NGK, bosch, etc.

62Sunbeam

Bosch direct replacement wires are $34 or thereabouts. You may have to order them. I did at Kragen and it took 24 hours and they're fine.

Eric
95 Disco

T

tcosson

I just replaced my 99 DII wires with Magnacores, a couple were shorter than I really would've liked, but otherwise it wasn't to tough. Like he said though expect some cussing and scratched up hands unless yours are small.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the magnecor blue wires on my DI. They were easy to install and the lenghts were fine. I ordered them from roverconnection and were $67. I used bosch platinum 4's for the plugs. A bit pricey for the combo but I did notice a difference in acceleration.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM