Speakers tinny - head unit or speaker problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

finalrune

Reaction score
I had a Land Rover Freelander 2002. Bought it used and has a stereo problem. ALL speakers have a tinny, high-end sound - completely missing the bass. I am happy to replace whatever I need to get decent sound, but any guesses whether it is head unit, speakers, or (gulp) wiring?

My guess is head unit as it seems strange that ALL speakers would be deteriorating, but I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,
Fred

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Land Rover Freelander 2002. Bought it used and has a stereo problem. ALL speakers have a tinny, high-end sound - completely missing the bass. I am happy to replace whatever I need to get decent sound, but any guesses whether it is head unit, speakers, or (gulp) wiring?

My guess is head unit as it seems strange that ALL speakers would be deteriorating, but I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,
Fred

All speakers sound the same? Find hard to believe that all the speakers will go wrong at the same time. You can just buy one speaker and see if it goes away, I'm sure that you can return it if the speaker is not the issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72