Speed sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tedlit

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick Q - I've searched this (and several other) forums for an answer, but haven't come up with anything definitive yet. My '02 Freelander is throwing error code 500 (speed sensor fault), with the usual F4, TC, HDC and ABS lights festooning the dashboard.

Unfortunately, the car isn't telling me *which* speed sensor is out - does anyone know any way to test the sensors? On the Discovery, each sensor was a specific resistance at 'idle' - around 3.5Mohm if memory serves. Is there a similar test for the Freelander ABS sensors? They look completely different, so I didn't want to risk breaking anything before I even get started :)

Furthermore - and assuming I can find and fix the duff sensor - how does one reset the fault lights? I can reset the 'service engine' light - do the other fault lights clear when the fault is remedied?

Any pointers/advice/encouragement much appreciated!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure on resistance, but yes they should reset themselves after what ever the issue is fixed.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM