Spring Boosters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone every tried those air bag inserts for your springs to help the ride? I put new Blistein shocks on all the way around but I still get alot of bounce and shimmy when I hit a bump or an expansion joint on the freeway. Not a problem at lower speeds.

Any suggestions or experience with this problem. Otherwise, everything that Joey suggested to keep my 97 Disco humming has worked and it has been running great.

D

disco1

I have them fitted to both my discos and they certainly make a big difference to your ride as the air pressure is adjustable, however, if your springs are on the way out they are not an alternative.

Attachments

• Copy of airbags 001.jpg
    Copy of airbags 001.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Copy of airbags 002.jpg
    Copy of airbags 002.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 22

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Tommy, bounce may be springs starting to go bac, shimmy is another animal all together. Could be the Steering stabilizer, could be the panhard rod bushings, could be the swivel preload.... any one of these things will cause shimmy.

Where do you feel the shimmy the most, in the steering or just overall feel of the vehicle?

R

roverX

Tommy, replace your front steering damper (60 bucks) and put in a trutrac front locker. That should correct any wandering, shimmying you might have. Do you have a lift per chance?

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a new steering damper on in November and that made a big difference. Now it is mainly when I hit a bump at high speed. Not really a shimmy but a reaction like the springs are worn out. I'll replace them and check the other suspension and steering parts.

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DOesn't seem to have any parts for a Disco at the site. What did I miss?

Thx

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo