SRS light comes on after a lot of stop and go driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssloane

Reaction score
After a lot of stop and go driving SRS light comes on. Is it a warning for another issue? Has done it at least three times after the same "type" of driving. Anyone else have similar issue?

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SRS Light?

What light is that one? I guess what I am asking is what does SRS mean? Air bags/Seat belts, I assume? Any unusual packages sitting on the passenger seats, front and rear?

Also check your brake light bulbs or did you install a new one lately? Brake light bulb or brake light switch problems can cause more false trouble indications than any other single item. The link below is to some brake light files I have on disco3, and even the reverse light bulbs can be the problem.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5082

If you go onto disco3 and do a search under SRS or similar words, you may find some threads.

ssloane

Reaction score
The airbag light, no packages, just wife. maybe i'll check taillights. I was more concerned with something getting hot, stop and go driving.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three possible concerns re SRS.

The airbag light, no packages, just wife. maybe i'll check taillights. I was more concerned with something getting hot, stop and go driving.

I did a search on disco3 using SRS and 103 threads came up. Below is a typical thread. The problem is perhaps a combination of three main items: clockspring in steering wheel requires replacement; a cable under either the drivers or front passenger seat is binding, or some connector under there is slightly damaged from a cable being "stretched".

But still check the brake lights as they cause more problems than one would ever guess possible.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic1189.html?highlight=SRS

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo