SRS light has 2 bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

cdg

The SRS light is on.
it starts by staying on solid, then the right half starts to blink after I start to drive.
1) Does this sound familair?
2) Has anybody seen this before?
3) Can somebody tell me why it does this?

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I assume you have a NAS D1. With that assumption the light should not flicker unless a fault has been discovered or maybe the light bulb itself is burning out. I would guess that @ one point or another in the life of your Disco that the battery/alternator was drained in its entirety. When this occurs, the SRS light comes on as this system can not function when the battery is drained. This has to be re-set by a dealer utilizing the LR Test book.

C

cdg

RoverChic said:
I assume you have a NAS D1. With that assumption the light should not flicker unless a fault has been discovered or maybe the light bulb itself is burning out. I would guess that @ one point or another in the life of your Disco that the battery/alternator was drained in its entirety. When this occurs, the SRS light comes on as this system can not function when the battery is drained. This has to be re-set by a dealer utilizing the LR Test book.
Awesome, so I just could need a reset? Making an appointment with the LR dealer. I think they said they could fit me in this month...very nice eh!

C

cdg

It appears a reset wasn't all I needed to fix the SRS light.

The mechanic had to replace the Steering wheel rotary coupler assembly. which also fixed my Cruise control problem, but at $600.:eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635