SRS Warning Light Iluminated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a week ago the SRS light came on after I crossed a speed bump and stayed on until I turned the key off. Light was off when I next started but illuminated after negotiating a sharp turn. Again the the light was off when I next started but came back on at the next small bump. This pattern has repeated except that with each ignition cycle the "disturbance" needed to set off the light is smaller than the previous disturbance. Always the light was off on startup except today when I parked on a moderate incline, the light stayed on after start up. Has anyone else had this happen?

My first thought, based on reading the workshop manual on my old DII is that there is something wrong with the SRS "safe-ing" circuit. Basically, this was described in the manual as a BB held in a concave dish by a magnet with a contact ring around the BB. With this safe-ing censor two events were required to fire an airbag, impact to an airbag sensor in the body and sudden deceleration as the BB rolled to the side of the dish and hit the contact ring. I'm LOL as I write this because as crude as this device seems, it's exactly in the British tradition of Lucus electrics. Anyways, I digress thinking about MG's and Triumphs gone by.

I'm sure the dealer could give me a quick answer but that's a three hour drive for me. Any input appreciated. 2005 LR3 HSE Java Black 88890 miles.

As a side note. I FINALLY installed the Goodyear 255/55-19 MTR's (last 5 in the USA???) that have been sitting on my porch for 8 months. After 5 1/5 years of ownership and almost 90,000 miles I think it is complete. Pictures to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM