Steering and Alignment Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

appletigger

Reaction score
hi, my 2006 LR3 had some problems from day one..... the steering wheel is not centered and the vehicle pulls to the right . the dealer performed alignment 3 times so far, but it's still the same. After the last alignment (with re-balancing tires), all 4 tires are wearing unevenly - kinda bumpy, like when you have bad shocks. I don't know if I should go back to the dealer and have them align it again..... my steering wheel is about 2~5 degrees turned to the left. is this mormal?

dalexiou

Reaction score
When I got an alignment on my LR3 (2006) I went to the place that the dealer sends the cars for alignments. They did tell me that my steering wheel was off and in fact corrected it....might be something that you mention or find out where they take cars for alignments (if they send them out) and go there directly.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had the good-4-a-years on my LR3 it had a pull to the left. Even with allignment
the problem persisted. It wasn't till after I changed tires + allignment that the problem went
away.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also noticed that my LR3 follows the grooves, ruts, crown of the road very rigorously. Meaning...even a slight crown can make it look like a "pull" to either side. I'm not sure if others' vehicles behave like that as well....

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houm, that is called "tram lining", and is a byproduct of your tires more than anything else. What are you running on?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, I had the Goodyear HPs and now I am running Michelin Synchrones...both exhibit this.

appletigger

Reaction score
I have the stock Goddyear tires. I don't think this "pull to the right" problem has to do with the road condition, because the vehicle always pull to the right same degrees. It is constant pull, at the same amount, and I have to compensate by turn the steering wheel to the left about 2~5 degrees....

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could tire wear, lack of rotations, or uneven tire pressure be a problem??

appletigger

Reaction score
I don't think so, this problem occured from day 1. tire rotation performed at 7,500 mile service. tires worn out fairly even.... just little more inside than outside. I called my dealer and I'm taking it in this Saturday. I hope this will be the last attempt. I already filed lemon law for this vehicle for check engine light issue. ( Case Closed, and received 7G from LR.) so I guess I'll just keep taking it back to the dealer for any problems before the warranty expires... =)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635