Steering Wheel warranty replacement... No Parts in US/UK!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my heated steering wheel stopped working. After being at the dealer for 5 days, they have determined there is a short and I need a whole new steering wheel. Score 1 for being CPO, no charge...

Buuuuut, my dealer can't find one in the entire US or UK. Really?!!?

He said it may take a week or 2 or it may take 6 or more weeks. So, are they really making new parts for the gen 4 trucks? They don't have a giant stock pile of left over parts they can just pull from?

Only been a LR owner for 2 years now and only had 1 other warranty repair and that was both of my batteries.

Is this typical for a more complicated part such as an entire wheel? Is there anywhere else my dealer can look to get a N.I.B. (so to speak) steering wheel?

Super bummed to not have a working heated wheel with many single digit days staring me in the face for the next 3 months. (His comment was, "Hopefully we can get it fixed before the cold season is over...") I laughed... but it wasn't funny.

I'm sick and tired of driving the Disco Sport loaner even though it has all the bells and whistles (including a heated SW). I had the dealer install my prospeed ladder and am waiting to get my LR4 back to install my new prospeed rack that is taking up a lot of room in my tiny garage.

Am I simply stuck waiting?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if all the spare wheels have been bought up by people (particularly in Europe) who have bare bones steering wheels from the factory?

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after picking up my LR4, the dealer said the Land Rover is literally making me a made-to-order steering wheel since there is no supply on earth. He said they will prolly do a run of 5-10 to keep some in stock.

Seems normally a piece in the chain breaks or shorts out not the wheel itself.

So.... in 2 weeks to 6 months I will have a new steering wheel. Yay new leather!!

Best part is, while driving home I gave the button a shot... and it works!!!

That was the behavior before, would work a while and then stop. Dealer confirmed there is a short. I just hope it stays working till my new one comes.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try getting some deoxit from guitar center and cleaning the electric contact.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM