Still having problem with 1995 RR 4.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fclayton1

Reaction score
my RR sat up for about a year because the automapic door locks which would not aloud the truck to start. i got the LF door lock computer replaced and my RR ran find. then i notcied the LF seat would not work. so i check the fuses (F20) which was fine so what could be the problem with that. Now i also have another problem that just came up, afther checking the fuses for the problem with then seat i move my RR from the garage to the street parked it got back in it about an hour later and it would not go in gear. the gear sift would work but it was like it was in nurtue. help:confused:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like you are having much fun.

I would let the Rover warm up and make sure that it wasn't just a fluke, but it could also be the shifter linkage came loose, or the transmission computer is acting up.

Rover hate sitting around.

fclayton1

Reaction score
you might be right becauce when i shift from drive back to park it makes a weird noise like a cable is loose.

rovermech

Reaction score
You installed a fuse in the BECM that was missing.....didnt you?

fclayton1

Reaction score
yes, was that my problem. i ended up taking it to the shop it cost me $315.00.

fclayton1

Reaction score
well it turn out that when i was checking the fuses for the LF seat, i put a fuse in slot #11 which cause the problem with the gears not to engage. and the problem with the seat was the wiring to E.C.U. MELTED. no parts was needed just labor, about 3 1/2 hours or labor now do the math...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink