Still no fuel on 97 Disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Doss

I swear before I ordered a fuel pump I was getting 12V and 6V at the plug going into the pump.

I ordered a used pump, instatalled it with no change.

I was troubleshooting today. At the plug on the pump I am getting 6 volts on the green wire, but nothing on the other wire.

I worked backward to the Inertia switch and have no voltate there.

Next step is the relay.

Any suggestions there? Do most people hacksaw it open?
I have learned that there should be voltate going in at pin 7 and coming out of pin 4.

I will go back and check that.

One big question:

Should there be a constant 12V at the fuel pump? I think there should.

I know on most vehicles, once you go to ON, the pump only runs for a bit and then kicks off. Is it the pump shutting off or something further upstream?

Any help will be appreciated.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel pump

yes you should get a constant 12v at pump. And yes your pump should run for a short time and turn off. It runs untill your pressure regulator says there is enough pressure then it turns off. No back flow. Check you pump relay buy another and put it in. Or check your pump fuse.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel pump replacement

you said that you bought a used fuel pump? Just replaced mine in a 97 disco se 7 Got a new pump from AUTO ZONE. Pump number MASTER E3270 for $85.00. Real easy to replace in pump housing. Maybe it is your pump. Used is good in many cases trust me I have alot of used parts on mine but some times they don't always work. Received everything i know about disco fuel pumps from this forum. Do a search for fuel pumps.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
No the $85 pump is not OEM, but it will work, it is built to the same specs and is a lot cheaper.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4